For the perfect fresh "low-maintenance" look (that really is pretty low-maintenance), while still looking made up and not like you rolled out of bed..is in 6 easy steps!
*It will take approx. 10 minutes - go try it!!
1. Start with a clean, moisturized face. Make sure you are using the correct moisturizer for your skin type - it makes a huge difference on how your skin feels as the day progresses.
2. Next, after your moisturizer has sunk fully into your skin, apply the appropriate primer.
You probably think that foundation will be the next step, but I always opt for doing eye makeup first. That way if makeup falls onto your cheeks, you can clean up once your done and continue on with your face makeup.
3. For definition on your eyes, follow each lash line with a soft brown, grey or taupe eye shadow instead of black. If you want to add a little more to your eyes, use a color that matches your skin tone with a little shimmer just on the lower lid for a slight pop of color when you blink! Finish off with mascara.
4. Don't forget your brows! Lightly use a powder or pencil to fill those babies in! The smallest amount does wonders.
Now, back to your face makeup!
5. Apply your concealer under your eyes - (check my previous blog for concealer techniques) then apply foundation or tinted moisturizer - I love tinted moisturizer for everyday. It's lighter, hydrates your skin and gives a great coverage for daytime.
6. Use a warm blush tone to accentuate your cheekbones, cream blushes are great for a natural look. Then apply a highlighter right on top of your cheekbones. This will make your blush color pop as well as feature your cheekbones when looking at your face.
**This is also a great transitional look! Perfect for daytime, all you have to do is a quick smokey eye over the look you already have, and *POOF* your night makeup is done! Add lipstick/gloss and you're ready to go!