Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To BB, or not to BB, that is the question...

If you haven't noticed, BB Creams are all the rage right now. Created in Asia, these products claim to combine skin care and makeup in one simple step to give the result of perfect skin every time.
In the words of Maybelline, "for instant skin wow!"

Is this true? Can one product give perfect skin results to every type of skin?
The answer is - I don't see how that could be possible, but I truly don't know, because I'm not a scientist and I don't have all different skin types.

In my opinion, these BB Creams seem similar to tinted moisturizers. While tinted moisturizers are exactly what they say they are - moisturizers with a little bit of foundation mixed in for a tint. I feel that with certain skin types, like my own (which is dry), I need more hydration than what the tinted moisturizers offer. This doesn't mean I can't use them, I just hydrate first then apply the tinted moisturizer on top (I love Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer).

I feel the same way with these BB Creams. Everyone has their own skin and specific needs for it, therefore I don't think it is possible for one product to be perfect on everyone when it comes to skin care and skin types; while with lipstick that may be true, not skin care.

This doesn't mean you can't try the product, please do. If it works for you, then perfect! However if it doesn't, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your skin or the product. It means that your skins needs weren't met and you need to re-evaluate the products you are using.


No comments:

Post a Comment